Pest Control Companies in Washington, GA
If your home or office has a termite, rodent, wildlife, bee or insect infestation you need the best pest control in Washington to not only eliminate current pests, but to prevent future problems from re occurring. XRefer approved Washington pest control companies not only provide quality work, but possess the depth pest-specific experience to offer multiple solutions for complete pest management. Our top approved pest removal services in Washington take care to humanely trap and remove animals (raccoons, possums, etc.) while only using environmentally friendly solutions for exterminating rats, termites, bed bugs and more.
Qualifying the Top Exterminators in Washington
Before hiring a pest control company in Washington, you need to ask them how much experience they have getting rid of the type of pest you have. Because there are different aspects of pest control, it is best to know what you need so you can make sure that the specialist you choose has the proper training.
For example if you have an insect infestation you may need a qualified entomologist certified by the Entomological Society of America (ESA). Pest control companies who are members National Pest Management Association (NPMA) have access to a variety of educational information to keep them current in the industry.
If you are looking to have a specialist use pesticides, it is imperative that have the knowledge of how to apply and handle the chemicals. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) requires that all pest control specialists complete a pesticide exam before being allowed to perform the service.
What Does A Pest Control Company Do?
Your Washington pest control company will be able to provide you a list of all services that they offer. Typical services are included below. While some companies offer just the basics, most offer a multitude of services tailored to your geographical location. Some common methods of pest control include:
- Bait: indoor/outdoor, typically includes a trap
- Insecticide: spraying of chemicals, usually on the outside of a home
- Fumigation: also known as Tenting. A home or structure is completely surrounded by a tent and chemicals are pumped in to gas any living pests
- Chemical-free application: some companies offer chemical-free pest control by using solutions that are all natural. Ultra Violet pest control keeps bugs away without the use of harsh chemicals. Ultrasonic and electronic pest control may also be available.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM): a method that is designed for long-term pest control, where a specialist manipulates the habitat, modifies the pest practices and even uses resistant sprays and chemicals to deter the pests from retuning again.
Types of Pests
- Ants, bees, wasps, spiders, cockroaches
- Bed bugs
- Fleas, ticks, mites
- Earwigs, millipedes, centipedes
- Larger wildlife
Some Washington pest control specialists are trained to handle all types of pest control, including smaller animals and rodents such as rats, bats, gophers, moles, and squirrel as well as larger wildlife such as raccoons, skunks and possums. Most of these types of wildlife can and will destroy not only the outside of your home, but the land surrounding it as well. It is best to have a professional asses the situation and provide you with an plan of how they will handle the pest control.
Also known as Washington pest exterminators, pest control specialists may also have knowledge and experience in handling vegetation pest control. This includes any type of pest that may invade your garden or outdoor, bring in diseases and killing living plants. Treatments can be provide to help rid of unwanted pests and bring vegetation back to life. Such services are especially idea for sudden oak death, spraying of trees, roses and ornamental plants.
Ask A Washington Pest Control Specialist These Questions
Prior to finding and hiring the best possible pest control specialists in Washington, learn about what type of services you need and asks lots of questions. Here is a list of questions to as any exterminator before they come out and service your property.
- Do you have valid, up to date licenses, certification and insurance? A company that is able to answer yes to this question and provide proof is one that is more than likely reliable and looks out for their customers. Having all these of these means the specialists is trained and knowledgeable in the areas of service you are looking for as well as cares for their safety and wants to protect you as a customer.
- Is any type of warranty available? You should always ask whether a warranty is given once a pest control specialists is done in applying whatever method you decided on. That way, in case the pest control did not work, a warranty would allow that worker to return to your property to redo the treatment for free.
- How long have you been in service? The longer a Washington pest control company has been in service, the more they know about the specific pest control issues in your area. This is especially idea since they will know exactly the course of action you should take and for how long you should have pest control done to eliminate the problem.
- Do you have reference? Speaking with previous clients is the best way to find out whether a company is reliable, does quality work and if they should be hired again. If a company is hesitate to provide references, it may be best to look elsewhere.
- What type of services do you provide? What methods do you use? Because each company will offer slightly different services, it's best to ask to makes sure they can handle your pest situation. Some individuals prefer different methods of handing pests, such as fumigation, whereas others may only want a chemical-free way of handing pests. Find out what pests a company can even handle, as some may steer clear of larger wildlife removal or control.
- Will I be able to be home during the extermination? Should I temporarily relocate my kids and pets? Depending on the type of pest you have and the level of infestation, you may be required to relocate your family for the duration of the pest control. For example, when using a tent for fumigation, you and your family will have to leave your home for 1-3 days.
- How many times will pest control need to be applied for it to be effective? Some pests may be eliminated in one single treatments, whereas others may take a couple trips out. Knowing your exact time line will help you plan and have a realistic expectation of when you will best free. Oftentimes, pest control companies will suggest you have a quarterly maintenance plan to ensure that a pest infestation will not occur.
- Do you offer maintenance packages? Because pests like to return to their original home, you may be required to have a pest control specialist in Washington service your location more than once. Knowing this, it may be best to ask whether they offer any type of package or quarterly maintenance service. By choosing a scheduled maintenance program, you may be able to save yourself some time and money.
Regardless of what type of pest you have, it is best to contact a Washington pest control company as soon as possible. Delaying treatments could cause the infestation to grow larger, meaning more work for an exterminator and a higher bill for you. XRefer knows just how important it is to hire the best pest control company in Washington, GA. You want to be happy with your results, knowing that the pests have been exterminated and you can rest assured knowing it will be a long time before they return.